What is AHCC® and how does it work ?
AHCC is a function food. AHCC is derived from healing mushrooms.
AHCC is clinically tested and proven to support improved immune system health. A strong and healthy immune system is critical in keeping you healthy and well.
A strong immune system helps you fight infections such as colds and flus, and in protecting you against many serious and chronic diseases such as arthritis, heart disease, and autoimmune disease. As an extra bonus, AHCC helps you better withstand the impacts of the treatments for many debilitating diseases and conditions.
This all comes down to having a strong immune system. Think of AHCC as your extra immune system support – ensuring you’re ready and able to withstand illness, disease, and inflammation.
WHAT IS AHCC?
AHCC is a remarkable mushroom product. AHCC has anti-inflammatory, immune system enhancing, immunomodulatory, and antioxidant properties.
Here are the facts on AHCC that you need to know:
- AHCC is a standardized extract of cultured Lentinula edodes
- AHCC is a functional food that is rich in alpha-glucans.
- AHCC is manufactured in Japan by Amino Up Co., Ltd.
- AHCC was developed in 1987.
- AHCC is used in hospitals, universities, and other institutions around the world.
- AHCC modulates your body’s innate immunity and supports healthy immune function.
- AHCC is shown to modulate the immune system by maintaining optimal natural killer (NK) cell activity, enhancing cytokine production, promoting T-cell and macrophage activity, and increasing the number and activity of dendritic cells.
- AHCC has been studied extensively for over 20 years.
- In one gram of AHCC there is an abundance of saccharides.
- The saccharides found in AHCC are polysaccharides, including oligosaccharides, starches, and other combinations of sugar molecules.
- AHCC is unique because unlike other mushroom-sourced ingredients, AHCC includes both the polysaccharides beta-glucans and alpha-glucans.
- Some varieties of polysaccharides are known to have immunomodulatory effects.
For healthy people, AHCC is useful in health maintenance and in preventing infection by aiding in the normal function of your immune system.
In integrative oncology, research indicates that AHCC may lead to longer post-operative survival, help support patients through chemotherapy, reduce the negative effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and lead to an improvement in quality of life.
For those of you who want more on the science behind AHCC:
AHCC is a focus of research at prestigious institutions through-out the world. AHCC has been the subject of over 100 published papers, including 30 human clinical studies. Learn more about the pre-clinical and human clinical research into AHCC.
How Does AHCC Work?
Because AHCC is a biological response modifier, it is able to turn up the dial on your natural immune response.
This allows you fight all kinds of threats to your health.
As you browse our website, you’ll learn how AHCC has been successfully used to treat a wide range of health conditions such as colds and flus to serious diseases including cancer, hepatitis, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
- Here is how AHCC works to support your immune system:
- You have 2 basic types of immunity: innate and adaptive.
- Your innate immunity launches an immediate, non-specific attack against a threat.
- Your adaptive immunity takes longer to react, but produces a specific response tailored to the particular microbe.
- Your innate immunity is made of four key players: cytokines, natural killer (NK) cells, macrophages, and dendritic cells.
- Your adaptive immunity is made of up of B and T cells.
Research shows us that AHCC can modify your innate and adaptive immune system response.
This means you’re better able to withstand the impacts of a virus, bacteria, auto-immune attack, inflammatory response, or other disease such as cancer, hepatitis, or diabetes.
Learn more about how your immune system works and the key players in your innate and adaptive immunity.
What Research is there about AHCC?
AHCC is the world’s most researched specialty immune system supplement
AHCC is supported by over 30 human studies and more than 100 pre-clinical in vivo and in vitro studies.
AHCC is used by over 1,000 healthcare facilities worldwide to:
- Reduce the incidence of infections in both healthy and immune-compromised patients.
- Improve patient outcomes.
- Decrease chemotherapy side effects.
- Help control HPV infections.
- Mange viral loads in Hepatitis-C patients.
- Help people with liver disease.
Get full details on our pre-clinical research and human clinical research . Make sure you download the PDF of each study you’re interested in so you can get full details about the research behind AHCC.
Learn more about AHCC with the vast number of articles written about AHCC and how it helps to strengthen the immune system.