A Blood Test for Breast Cancer Risk Led Jolie to Remove Her Breasts—Should You?
FROM BLOOD TESTS FOR BREAST CANCER TO REMOVAL
TESTING VS. PREVENTION?
TIPS FOR AVOIDING BREAST CANCER THAT ARE BETTER THAN A BLOOD TEST FOR BREAST CANCER, FROM CHRISTINE HORNER, M.D.
- Caffeinated coffee: Studies show that coffee can significantly reduce the BRCA gene. 3-5 cups reduce it 10%; 4-5 cups reduce it by 25%; and more than 5 cups reduces it by an astonishing 70%.
- Selenium: This mineral is found in the soil and can help prevent tumors from developing by helping to stop damaged DNA molecules from reproducing. Research has shown that supplementing with selenium may reduce the risk of BRCA1 carriers developing cancer by 200% in just 2 years!
- AHCC: A derivative from medicinal mushrooms, AHCC remains a leading alternative cancer treatment in hundreds of clinics throughout Asia. A “nutritional immunotherapy”, AHCC has been shown to significantly improve the immune system by increasing the production of the body’s “killer cells,” whose function is to destroy abnormal cells and invading organisms in the body.
- Potent Foods: Dr. Horner includes Soy, Broccoli and Fish in this list. All three work directly on the BRCA1 gene to lower the risk along with dozens of others anticancer actions. Soy contains genistein, which blocks the estrogen receptor and is a potent antioxidant; Broccoli contains Indole-3-Carbinol (known as 13C), which may alter levels of estrogen in the body, decreasing cancer risk; and Fish contain omega-3 fatty acids, which is a strong anti-inflammatory and can help stop the spread of tumors.
- 10 p.m. Bedtime: Several studies have shown that being in bed and asleep by 10pm has a significant effect on your body, allowing it to produce natural antioxidants that prevent cellular damage and DNA damage, which ultimately cause disease.