Six Steps to Building a Strong Immune System
How Your Immune System Works
What You Can Do Today to Strengthen Your Immune System
- Reduce Your Stress: when you’re stressed your brain creates extra cortisol, which has a direct impact on your T cells. Your T cells are directly responsible for fighting infection. Try to do something every day to reduce your stress: go for a walk, read a book, do some yoga, and learn to prioritize.
- Be With Friends: being lonely and feeling alone can contribute to increasing our anxiety levels. When our anxiety levels are elevated we end up creating more free radicals in our body and suppressing our immune system.
- Move Your Body: having a sedentary inactive lifestyle has a huge impact on your daily health. Along with helping you maintain a healthy weight, activities such as walking, running, swimming, and yoga help strengthen your ability to fight infection. Thirty minutes of daily exercise will help you strengthen your body, reduce your stress. and connect with other people.
- Take AHCC: this might seem obvious but we want to reinforce that AHCC is one of the best ways you can strengthen your immune system. It’s a simple step you can take to make sure that your immune system is able to keep you healthy and well.
- Stop Smoking: study after study has shown that smoking simply is not good for you. Nicotine increases your cortisol levels and at the same time reduces the formation of your B cells and impairs the effectiveness of your T cells. In addition, smoking damages your lungs and makes you more likely to contract an infection.
- Eat Better: you are what you eat – so make sure you’re eating good food. Studies have shown that sugar, salt, and saturated fats can result in reducing the amount and capabilities of your white blood cells. You need white blood cells to fight infection and to provide a foundation for your immune system.