Preventative Surgery: Is It Really Worth It?
THE ANGELINA EFFECT
THE TRUTH ABOUT THE BRCA1 GENE
- Hormonal imbalances, caused by surgical menopause
- Complications that are associated with any abdominal surgery
- A 170 percent increase of premature death in women under 45
- A 700 percent increase of risk of heart disease
- An increased risk of long-term disease such as Parkinson’s, dementia and osteoporosis
- Decreased sexual activity
- Uncertainties with mental health
- Adequate sleep . One of the most powerful steps you can take is doing all you can to improve the function of your immune system. The sleep hormone, melatonin, has many anticancer actions include suppressing the BRCA1 gene and strengthening the immune system. Adequate sleep (at least 7 hours each night ideally between 10 PM and 6 AM elevates melatonin to its highest levels and has been shown in numerous studies to strengthen your overall immune health.
- Proper diet. A diet rich in a variety of nutrient-dense foods – can also help to improve your immune system while fighting the oxidative damage that is associated with certain cancers. Specifically, cruciferous vegetables such as kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts and cabbage, omega-3 fatty acids, and flaxseeds have all been shown to be effective in reducing the risks of BRCA1-associated cancer. These foods are rich in antioxidants that help to repair damage done by free-radicals, as well as micronutrients that help to support a healthy immune system.
- AHCC® – A unique mushroom extract. A natural substance derived from Japanese medicinal mushrooms, AHCC is the leading alternative cancer treatment used in hundreds of clinics throughout Asia to support the immune system in lowering the risk of cancer while improving survival. Research has shown that AHCC increases the numbers and activity of several components of the immune system, such as cytokines (immune messengers), as well as natural killer cells, macrophages, T cells, and dendritic cells (all types of white blood cells that destroy pathogens and abnormal cells). This allows the body to better identify and react to foreign invaders – including cancer cells, which very closely resemble normal, healthy cells and which your immune system may not be able to recognize if it is not strong enough. Supplementation with AHCC though, can help to strengthen your body’s natural defenses as proven in 25 human clinical studies.