What Are the Benefits of AHCC?
The benefits of AHCC can be summed up in three words: immune system health.
AHCC is clinically tested and proven to support improved immune system health. A strong and healthy immune system is critical in keeping you healthy and well.
The trickle-down benefits of a healthy immune system allow you to fend off dangerous bacteria, viruses, infections, and disease.
AHCC has been clinically studied and tested to have positive benefits for people with cancer, diabetes, the flu, HPV, liver ailments, cardiovascular disease, stress, and inflammation. As an extra benefit, AHCC helps you better withstand the impacts of treatments for many of these debilitating diseases and conditions.
For healthy people, AHCC is useful in health maintenance and in preventing infection by aiding in the normal function of your immune system.
In integrative oncology, research indicates that AHC may lead to longer post-operative survival, help support patients through chemotherapy, reduce the negative effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and lead to an improvement in quality of life.
What is AHCC?
AHCC is a functional food.
AHCC is derived from healing mushrooms.
AHCC has anti-inflammatory, immune system enhancing, immunomodulatory, and antioxidant properties.
The facts on AHCC are:
- AHCC is a functional food that is rich in alpha-glucans.
- AHCC is manufactured in Japan by Amino Up Chemical Co., Ltd.
- AHCC is used in hospitals, universities, and other institutions around the world.
- AHCC modulates your body’s innate immunity and supports healthy immune function.
- AHCC is shown to modulate the immune system by maintaining optimal natural killer (NK) cell activity, enhancing cytokine production, promoting T-cell and macrophage activity, and increasing the number and activity of dendritic cells.
AHCC is a focus of research at prestigious institutions through-out the world. AHCC has been the subject of over 100 published papers, including 30 human clinical studies.
How Does AHCC Support the Immune System?
AHCC supports your immune system by turning up the dial on your natural immune response.
This means you have an enhanced ability to fight all kinds of threats to your health.
This is how AHCC supports your immune system:
- You have 2 basic types of immunity: innate and adaptive.
- Your innate immunity launches an immediate, non-specific attack against a threat.
- Your adaptive immunity takes longer to react, but produces a specific response tailored to the particular microbe.
- Your innate immunity is made of 4 key players: cytokines, natural killer (NK) cells, macrophages, and dendritic cells.
- Your adaptive immunity is made up of B and T cells.
Research tells us that AHCC can modify your innate and adaptive immune system response.
This means that with AHCC, you’re better able to withstand the impacts of a virus, bacteria, auto-immune attack, inflammatory response, or other disease such as cancer, hepatitis, or diabetes.
The proven benefits of AHCC include:
- Increasing the production of cytokines.
- Increasing the activity of NK cells by as much as 300 – 800%.
- Increasing populations of macrophages, in some cases, doubling them.
- Increasing the number of dendritic cells.
- Increasing the number of T cells by as much as 200%.
AHCC and Cancer
Data from the treatment of 100,000 people with different types of cancer shows that AHCC is effective and beneficial in 60% of cases.
Additional research highlights that AHCC is particularly beneficial for lung, stomach, colon, breast, thyroid, ovarian, testicular, tongue, kidney, and pancreatic cancers.
As you know, chemotherapy can have debilitating side effects for anyone being treated for cancer.
AHCC is shown to be beneficial in alleviating the side effects of chemotherapy:
- Hair loss: doctors have noted that chemotherapy patients taking AHCC did not lose their hair.
- Nausea: clinical studies in Korea and Japan indicate that AHCC remarkably improves symptoms of nausea and vomiting in cancer patients.
- Bone marrow suppression: chemotherapy can inhibit bone marrow function. Because our white blood cells originate in the bone marrow, this is a life-threatening side effect. AHCC is shown to increase the white blood cell count in cancer patients by 30%.
- Liver damage: one of the major drawbacks of chemotherapy is that it kills healthy cells in addition to cancer cells. Recent studies show that the impacts of chemotherapy on the liver can be alleviated with AHCC.
Learn about our human clinical trials into AHCC, cancer, and chemotherapy.
AHCC and Diabetes
According to a recent survey by the Centers for Disease Control, over 100 million U.S. adults are living with diabetes or prediabetes.
Diabetes was the 7th leading cause of death in the United States in 2015.
AHCC is found to be effective in lowering the blood glucose and glycohemoglobin levels in diabetes patients. This clinical trial in Japan reveals that the 13 patients who took AHCC for 6 months benefited from taking AHCC.
Further studies have shown that AHCC has blood-sugar lowering effects that can benefit those suffering from diabetes.
To learn more about AHCC and diabetes, download the free Patient’s Guide to AHCC and turn to page 55.
AHCC and Your Health
A strong and resilient immune system is critical in protecting you from bacteria, infections, viruses, and other conditions.
Unfortunately, because all of us live very busy and often stressed lives, it can be hard to get the rest, nutrition, exercise, and sleep we need to naturally support our immune system health. Not to mention the number of germs you come in contact with on a daily basis.
This underscores how important it is for you to put your immune system health first. Taking AHCC is the right choice.
Learn more about the benefits of AHCC by reading the research and studies done into AHCC and patient health.AHCC is for everyone – healthy people looking for a natural functional food that supports immune system health, and people living with an illness or disease.