What is AHCC Made Of?
AHCC is an exciting, innovative, and effective nutritional supplement. At its core, AHCC is derived from healing mushrooms.
And yes, there are numerous mushroom products on the market – but AHCC is different from the rest.
HOW IS AHCC MADE?
This is how AHCC is made:
- The first ingredient of AHCC is shitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have a rich history of healing powers.
- The second ingredient is several hybrids from the Basidiomycota phylum of fungi.
- AHCC is made using only the mycelia, the hair like root structures of these mushrooms located below the ground.
- The various mycelia are cultured in rice bran extract until they form a colony. It’s important to note that rice bran extract also has antiviral and immune system enhancing qualities.
- This colony is cultured for an additional 45 to 60 days.
- This colony then undergoes a series of patented steps that involve cultivation, decomposition by enzymes, sterilization, concentration, and freeze-drying.
This entire process was developed at the University of Tokyo Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences by Dr. Toshihiko Okamoto, along with the researchers at Amino Up Chemical Co. Ltd.
The final result of this carefully computer-monitored manufacturing process is the functional food supplement AHCC.
It is very useful to watch this video that provides an overview of the AHCC production process.
WHAT DOES AHCC DO?
AHCC has strong anti-inflammatory properties which naturally and effectively strengthen your immune system.
AHCC is clinically tested and proven to support improved immune system health. A strong and healthy immune system is critical in keeping you healthy and well.
A strong immune system is your first line of defense in fighting infections such as colds and flus, and in protecting you against many serious and chronic diseases such as arthritis, heart disease, and autoimmune disease.
Because AHCC has anti-inflammatory, immune system enhancing, immunomodulatory, and antioxidant properties, it is widely recognized as giving you the extra immune system support you need to thrive and live well in today’s busy world.
HOW DOES AHCC SUPPORT MY IMMUNE SYSTEM?
This means you’re better able to withstand the impacts of a virus, bacteria, auto-immune attack, inflammatory response, or other diseases such as cancer, hepatitis, HPV, or diabetes.
Here are the facts on your immune system:
- You have 2 basic types of immunity: innate and adaptive.
- Your innate immunity launches an immediate, non-specific attack against a threat.
- Your adaptive immunity takes longer to react, but produces a specific response tailored to the particular microbe.
- Your innate immunity is made of 4 key players: cytokines, natural killer (NK) cells, macrophages, and dendritic cells.
- Your adaptive immunity is made up of B and T cells.
And this is how AHCC supports your immune system:
- Increasing the production of cytokines.
- Increasing the activity of NK cells by as much as 300 – 800%.
- Increasing populations of macrophages, in some cases, doubling them.
- Increasing the number of dendritic cells.
- Increasing the number of T cells by as much as 200%.
Read our research overview to learn more about how AHCC is studied and proven to positively support your immune system.
WHAT ARE THE KEY FACTS ON AHCC?
- AHCC is a remarkable mushroom product.
- AHCC is a functional food that is rich in alpha-glucans.
- AHCC is used in hospitals, universities, and other institutions around the world.
- AHCC modulates your body’s innate immunity and supports healthy immune function.
- AHCC is shown to modulate the immune system by maintaining optimal natural killer (NK) cell activity, enhancing cytokine production, promoting T-cell and macrophage activity, and increasing the number and activity of dendritic cells.
- AHCC has been studied extensively for over 20 years.
AHCC is for healthy people and people living with illness or disease
For people living with disease or undergoing treatment for disease, numerous clinical studies show how AHCC is effective in lessening the impacts of the disease or the side effects of treatment.
In integrative oncology, research indicates that AHCC may lead to longer post-operative survival, help support patients through chemotherapy, reduce the negative effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and lead to an improvement in quality of life.
AHCC AND YOU
We know that when this happens, our immune system is strained and forced to work extra hard to protect you from a range of bacteria, viruses, and infections.
By taking AHCC regularly and incorporating healthy living habits into your day-to-day, you’re doing all you can to keep yourself and those around you protected from contagious illnesses and other conditions.
AHCC is for everyone – and this includes you. Support your immune system naturally with AHCC – a clinically proven function food that boosts your immune system.